Wednesday 9 November 2016

It never rains, it snows!!

Well here we are midway through another working week. And what a stressful one its been! (not because of work for once!)

I started the week off with a 5km run on Monday morning for the virtual Poppy Run, proceeds of this going to the royal british legion. I figured it was a good incentive to get my backside out of bed and straight back into the routine after 2 weeks off and the medal is cute as a button, so I cant wait to receive it. On a high from that, I went into work, with the intention of a mate date straight after work with my friend to go to the cinema.  This never panned out. I got a call from my other half about an hour before the end of my shift to read out a letter we had received that has basically thrown our lives into financial disarray for the foreseeable future. We are now facing being around £600 a month short every month for the next 6 months at least. This is not good. Cue frantic money saving attempts. I have to say I am pretty proud of myself that yesterday I managed to make enough changes to save us a minimum of £85 a month, and looking like that could easily become £100 just from shopping around for things and changing options on some providers. I know thats not £600 but every little helps. Any budget meal ideas (healthy ones) will be welcomed with open arms though!

Tuesday I got up and did one of my Jillian Michaels DVDS (Kickboxing). I don’t usually exercise on Tuesday and Thursdays but I figured a bit of extra sweating wouldn’t go amiss so Im going to aim to do a 20-30 minute workout on those days. This morning, I got up and went out for my run, but I cut it short. I hadn’t looked outside before getting ready and when I opened the front door I basically stepped outside into sleet. I figured, I am up and ready, may as well have a go, but it was awful so I only did just over a mile and then I came home and did the DVD from yesterday again. Next run day is Friday so hopefully the weather will be better by then.

The financial situation means that all the plans I had coming up for November and December socially are off. Well almost all. I have a christening to attend this month which I will still go to, and a Christmas night out the week before Christmas which Im keeping in the diary but everything else has been cancelled. Which is probably good news for my weight loss journey, and also my current health kick (vitamins and no alcohol). I’m so glad I just purchased a 12 week pass for slimming world, as this means I can still attend weigh ins at no extra cost for the moment, and this will keep me on track. That will run out in January I think, so I will reassess then, but Im going to try and buy another one if I can, as I need the group support and the weigh in to keep me motivated.

While we are on this note, I have seen a lot of posts on facebook recently on slimming world groups I am in, where people are slating their groups and saying they don’t stay, as they hate all the clapping and talking about their weight loss. Im not confident talking to people face to face about my weight loss as I feel like it just highlights to them even more that I am fat – I feel like maybe they wouldn’t have noticed if I didn’t say anything (ridiculous, as they will have noticed!).  But, I have made myself embrace it and suck it up, and I find group is such a good tool. Yes we do a lot of clapping but its lovely to support people I think. And, yes we all talk (briefly) about what sort of week we had but I like to hear it, and you do get some useful tips. Plus staying to group means you build a rapport with your leader and the others that stay and it makes it much easier to ask for help on the facebook group when people have a clue who you are! Anyway thats just my take on it.

Hope everyone is having a good week! Fingers crossed for running Friday! x

No comments:

Post a Comment