Monday 28 November 2016

Back on the blogging wagon


Hello – its been a while since I have blogged. Had way too much going on to be honest, and I haven’t really been running much either. Its  really cold that early on a morning and theres a lot of ice and frost about so thats put me off, but I am still exercising most weekdays and I am planning to try and get out this week at some point just to keep myself in the game. I think training will be on hold for the next couple of months until the weather is more agreeable and it will be about keeping my fitness levels up and trying to lose weight in the meantime.

This week I GAINED a pound. I was so mad with myself. Its my own fault. Two nights last week we didn’t have the time or energy to cook so we had toast for tea instead of a proper meal. And I was feeling pretty low and miserable anyway so I did pick at the work biscuit tin once or twice. Plus, I didn’t do a food diary either. And, to add to all of that, I had a night out last Saturday (so lots of alcohol) and then attended a christening the day after (beige buffet food). The pound gain was completely justified. But this week I am determined that I will turn it back around.

Yes, I am miserable at the moment but gaining more weight will only make that worse! So, it is NOT allowed to happen. We have a buffet at work on Wednesday, because someone is leaving. Ive had a little ask around to see what people are bringing in, and it really is NOT the sort of thing I want to be eating. So, I have decided I shall abstain. I will bring in a token tube of Pringles (Other savoury snacks are available) but I wont eat anything. My other option was, do I go and buy carrots, peppers, celery, low fat dips etc and make some potato wedges, but to be honest, I cant afford to be going and buying a selection of things the day before payday (I mean COME ON! What sort of bad planning is that?!) and also, if Im going to the buffet table to get those items then am I really going to be able to resist the temptation of sticking a few other bits on my plate? Possibly not. So, not worth it. If I wasn’t going away this weekend I might relax a bit more about it but Im 100% having this Sunday off plan and probably Monday too, and I will bloody well enjoy it, so really do I need to stuff loads of mini sausage rolls and Doritos in me gob on Wednesday? No. So, I will not.

I was thinking on Saturday that I have had a pretty rubbish few months, with one thing and another, and actually, 2016 in general has been abysmal for most people I know.  Its definitely been one of the more grim years in my lifetime, with celebrities dropping like flies, and all the political things going on, people being killed over politics in some cases! So, I decided that I would do my utmost to make sure 2016 ends on a good note, and I have decided to do one positive thing each day that will make me feel good about myself and will hopefully benefit someone else. Saturday was my first day of this, and I went and bought a Big Issue from the guy who stands outside my local Co-Op. I wouldn’t normally, I cant lie. I have bought the odd one before but I usually avoid. He was over the moon, and I felt like I had cheered him up! Yesterday I joined in a gift swap, where you get matched up at random with a stranger, could be anywhere in the world, and you send each other a Christmas gift. I should get sent the details later today of who I am buying for. How exciting. This  morning I donated a small gift to the salvation army Christmas present appeal. These things I am doing wont ALL be about gifts by the way. But these are things going on right now so I felt I should join in. Tomorrow I have decided to donate some dog food to an appeal for our local Dogs Trust that I have noticed is happening this week. And then beyond that, we shall see.
Im hoping that by the end of 2016, I will be feeling much more upbeat about things in general and what a brilliant way to start a new year, knowing you have done a months worth of good deeds to turn a bad year around somewhat? I would like to think I will continue with that (although maybe not every day of 2017, as that is SOME task!) but as and when I see things I could do, I would like to do them. We have enough crap to deal with in this world, I want to be responsible for making someone smile now and then, rather than sad or angry. x

No comments:

Post a Comment