Wednesday 26 October 2016

Midweek check in

I have given in to all the advice I received on Monday and have decided to have a small break from running until this cold has naffed off. I have been feeling horrendous, I am having to work longer than usual days as I am being asked to repay the time from the day I went home from work after finding out my friend had passed away, and Im exhausted. I will continue with keeping the food good, but exercise is going to be minimal (walking to nursery and back probably and not much else). Today I have to admit I am feeling slightly better so I may risk it tomorrow just so Ive done something. I need to get back to it before I lose momentum.

I was thinking earlier about how it is 2 months today until Christmas day. Wow. Scary thought. I have bought two gifts so far. I have 3 birthdays before that too, one is my partners and one is my dads, so they aren’t just a card and a box of maltesers jobbies. They require proper gifts.  I sort of know what my budget is for Christmas as Ive been doing savings to buy vouchers to spend on Christmas but I still have all the shopping to get done. Anyway, going off topic there a little, my point was, I wonder where I will be on my journey by then? I would love to lose at least a stone by then. In 12 weeks I lost 19.5lb so there is no reason why I couldn’t do 14 in 2 months if I really try. We shall see. And running? I don’t think I will increase my distances too much if at all this year now. I have done 10k and I would like to do a few more at that distance. I found it hard so I want to get more comfortable at that distance before increasing. If I can get to 6.75 miles rather than 6.2, then I will be around halfway to the half marathon distance and that is good enough for me, so that is enough to aim for by the end of this year I think.

Monday night’s tea was particularly lovely by the way. My other half is cooking most nights while Im working this time back, and Monday he made burgers which we had received in our muscle food hamper. Lean steak burgers, with smoked bacon medallions and low fat cheese, in a wholemeal bun with some red onions, spinach and mushrooms and a side of sweet potato chips.  Ohh hes such a good un. Twas really lovely.  This is my second muscle food hamper and I will be buying again, we are very impressed – and no Im not selling it haha.  We have a couple of packs of sausages to try at some point too – wondering if theyre are nice as the weight watchers ones. Tonight is chilli, which I cooked on Sunday night so he just needs to reheat it and cook the rice. See, Im not a complete slave driver 

Today I noticed my shape has changed a bit. It was a good little NSV which I probably needed having been feeling so rubbish. I took a picture in the work shower/loo (only place with a full length mirror – sorry) which I will try to upload at the end of this blog. I cant promise I wont break the internet though, I know this happens when fabulously curvy ladies are photographed sometimes haha. To most people I am still just fat but to me I am less fat than I was. My hips are less out of proportion to the rest of me and I like that. I haven’t got anything figure hugging on (god forbid!) in the photo but I think you can still tell I am not just a round ball on legs anymore but some sort of figure is slowly emerging. Yay! Another reason to just keep going. I like what I think I will become. Still a long way to go but I know I can get there. I have even started talking to a running coach on twitter and she has been advising me on my half marathon training. Basically she agreed with my approach to increase distance and endurance first and worry about speed later – so Im happy with that. She said she will help me put together a proper training regime when Im ready – probably spring time. I don’t want to commit to a specific training plan just yet when the weather may get in the way of sticking to running days. Rain doesn’t bother me but snow and ice would. No thanks.

Anyway I just thought I would check in with my random ramblings as I know Ive not been a good blogger recently, but Im still here!

No comments:

Post a Comment