Sunday 30 October 2016

A new milestone

Weigh in was yesterday and I was super nervous after not being able to run at all last week, but I was spot on with my food, and I lost 2.5lb! So I got my 1 and a half stone certificate! Woohoo! I said I was determined to run again this week starting tomorrow but that might not happen. I'll get to that.

I went to my friends house last night for a Halloween get together. Just a few drinks, nibbles and games. I had my first ever go at pumpkin carving. It's bloody hard work mind! But I think it's not bad for a first attempt. I'll attach a photo.

I had a fair bit to drink and was feeling delicate this morning. To say the least. I was annoyed at myself as I usually am very good at stopping at a certain point and switching to water, so I don't feel too bad the next day - this is a very important survival technique when you have a toddler haha. I was struggling to keep anything down and I really didn't drink THAT much so I thought, perhaps I've suddenly got a much lower tolerance level. Anyway I took myself back off to bed for a bit in the hope I would be alright after another hours sleep.

My OH came to check on me and I was no better so he said he would take the small one out for a bit so I could rest. Bless him! So off they went to soft play and lunch. Another hour later I surfaced thinking I could probably manage a bit of toast. You know what that man had done? While I was laid in bed feeling sorry for myself he had taken everything out of the kitchen cupboards, washed them out, and sorted through the contents, and put them all back so they were beautifully tidy. He had rearranged it all and got rid of clutter. He had also decluttered the side board in our dining room and allocated one cupboard just for my slimming world cook books, magazines and running mags. WHAT A GUY!!

I thought to myself, what the hell am I doing, getting hung up on marriage? I don't need that to know that what I've got is special. Look what he just did when he could have just sat on his arse? And now he's taken our daughter out so I can have some peace. As the day wore on I've got worse and things that are definitely not hangover related led to me getting some medical advice and turns out I have norovirus. Not a hangover. No wonder I feel so crap. And I'm likely to not be up to running tomorrow. Booooo. But, I'll try later in the week if I'm well. If not, it will happen next week.

Have a great week all x

No comments:

Post a Comment